Thursday, July 28, 2011

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."

- Albus Dumbledore, from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997.

Today we went to Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station and then to the British Library.  (I also made a side jaunt to the British Museum again, mostly because it's mind-blowing, thanks thesaurus.com).

1. Old books are incredible!  They have an amazing gallery of old books in the British Library.  I got to see part of Codex Sinaiticus.  This was a moment full of awe for me (I know that sounds cheesy, but I am completely serious).  There was also a King James Bible and Handel's "Messiah."  Christianity has such a rich history and I want to know so much more about it.

2. I am not a witch.  Sadly, I couldn't make it through the wall to Platform 9 3/4.  Instead I remain in London as a muggle and will continue in my muggle ways.  Oh well.

3. I can use a Reader's Pass in London as well.  This means I got to look at some books while I was there.  It was cool.  Although I was kind of sad that Wall-E wasn't allowed into the room.  I had gotten one book specifically for him, The Art of Finding Nemo. I couldn't take my camera either, so I couldn't even show him a picture of it.

4. The book leads me to the last thing I learned: Ralph Eggleston is a fantastic artist.



Just in case you need some affirmation today.

No comments:

Post a Comment