...all curiosity respecting the Pyramids, the excavated cities, Stonehenge, the Ohio Circles, Mexico, Memphis,—is the desire to do away this wild, savage, and preposterous There and Then, and introduce in its place the Here and Now." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today we visited Stonehenge and Salisbury. And now I'm wondering what other words I can use besides wonderful, fantastic and great. I think I'll start going to thesaurus.com and the word for today will be ASTOUNDING!
1. I learned that I no longer get weirded out by walking on people's graves. I noted in an earlier blog that I learned that this was okay and now I am finally coming to terms with that myself after several visits to different cathedrals.
2. I can still stress out in London. Huge bummer to realize this. I have a project due tomorrow and although the next one isn't due until next week, I will be in Paris this weekend without my computer. Oh well. I will do it and I will do it well (hopefully).
3. Several copies of the Magna Carta exist. I saw one today at the Salisbury Cathedral and apparently it is the one that is in the best condition. I wouldn't know from experience since this is the first I've seen. It was awesome, but you'll have to take my word for it because we couldn't take pictures of it.
4. Apparently, Stonehenge is full of magical wonders. Our guide explained that it has been speculated to have been built by giants, aliens or wizards. Then he wondered aloud if perhaps it could have been built by giant alien wizards. I like that hypothesis the best. Anywho, in exploring the phenomena surrounding the this I found a stump of Wall-E and look at what happened to that stump by being around Stonehenge:
No comments:
Post a Comment