We flew all night to get to London. Well, I suppose the pilots actually did the flying, we just rode along without much say in the route, time of arrival or gate. But it's all ok because we did make it in one piece and with all of our luggage. Whew.
Lessons for today include:
1. Apparently young British children have to apologize when using the word "Blimey." As in, the child sitting in seat 29A: "Look at all those cars. Mom, I'm sorry I have to say this: Blimey!" It was awesome to say the very least.
2. Trying to take a walking tour when you're surviving on 2 hours of restless sleep is a little useless. However it did come with a map and tomorrow I'm certain I'll be able to interpret it.
3. Food in London does not contain many preservatives which is better for your body but not so great for the wallet. Apparently, people here grocery shop several times a week (Does that mean there aren't any Sam's or Costcos?).
4. I am able to venture into some dishes that I have never tried before, tonight I had Roasted Vegetable and Mature Cheddar Bake. It was very good and I enjoyed it very much.
5. That I did just manage to blow one of transformer plugs that I had. I guess that's something I'll be learning soon and praying I get right.
6. There are awesomely fantastic people on this trip with me and I'm looking forward to getting to know them.
7. WALL-E's love for EVE was even seen on the plane through the courtesy of US Airways in-flight entertainment.
Your dinner sounds delicious. Where did you eat?
ReplyDeleteI AM SO JEALOUS!!!! Next time you go, you're taking me, too!
ReplyDeleteWe ate at Cafe London.
ReplyDeleteyou are too much. . . love your blog!
ReplyDelete