Today was also full, but I figured it would be bad to keep naming every day a full day, so I went with something else. So here are my lessons learned today:
1. Elizabeth is a most excellent tube guide, even if she didn't notice that the poles were color-coordinated with the lines (sorry about calling you out).
2. London rain can in fact get you wet. What do you know? Our original plans of a walking tour were mixed up and cancelled, which was ok because we figured that going to a museum would help keep us out of the rain on this rainy day. However, the Piccadilly Line (which has blue poles) was delayed by a lot. So we wandered for a while trying to find a line that was working. Eventually, we found our way to the Circle Line (which is yellow) and made it to the Albert and Victoria Museum, but were definitely wet by the time we got there.
3. There are far too many things to see in the museum there. I spent most of my time wandering. I couldn't really stop because I just wanted to keep going. The collections were so extensive. Plus I got to see a whole section of Raphael paintings. Eek!
4. I like the artist Francis Danby. Of everything I saw today his paintings really stuck out to me. I haven't quite figured out why I like his work so much; I'll get back to you if I can figure it out.
5. Billy Elliot is a good musical. I laughed and cried. I love when that happens. This also revealed to me that I am not as wonderful of a dancer that I wish I could be, but that's ok. That's why I'm studying something other than dance.
6. One pound refrigerated pizza isn't very good, but does that job it was designed to do and that's fill my stomach.
7. My feet and legs are not invincible to hours of walking on streets and stairs. When did that happen? I thought that I was certainly a superhero of some sort. What does this mean for my life?
No comments:
Post a Comment