This post is for Friday, since I was cut off from the Internet all weekend, my Paris weekend will come in two parts. One is for Friday with the entire and class and the second will be for Saturday and Sunday combined.
1. Paris has only one skyscraper. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was pretty cool to find that out. I liked that too, because it made the older buildings look more majestic and still imposing on those things around them. One example would be the Notre Dame Cathedral, which was amazing.
2. I can travel by train, boat, bus and metro all in one day. It makes for an extremely efficient way of seeing all the necessary sights of Paris in one day. For those of you who don't know, it was only Friday that was required for class and then we had the option of staying in Paris for the weekend or not, so Friday was packed full of all the highlights.
3. Paris really is for love. I saw plenty of people showing it quite openly on the streets.
4. The Mona Lisa is small, but not that small. I had heard that it was small from others who had seen it, but they must have exaggerated a bit, because it was quite a bit larger than I was anticipating from their comments.
5. Seeing the Victory of Samothrace was even better than I thought it would be. I'm glad I made this a priority.
6. You can get 5 little Eiffel Tower key chains for just one euro. And better than that, there are nice men all over the place offering you this amazing deal! And do you know what's even more amazing than that? I managed to resist this tempting offer. Crazy, I know.
| The Victory of Samothrace |
| M-O went with me to Paris, because he's small and his limbs don't get lost in my bag. |
They might have thought the Mona Lisa was really small because of the massive painting on the wall opposite too.
ReplyDelete