-e.e. cummings
Today was awesome, again. Here, is what I learned:
1. My time in Portland was extremely helpful in making me feel comfortable in this big city. Granted, London is much larger and much older. I feel like I can navigate the tube system sufficiently and get anywhere I need to go. This is a great comfort in such an intimidating city. I admit that I still don't get the buses, but maybe by the time I leave I will achieve this great feat.
2. There are an insane amount of roses. I learned this from Regent's Park and more specifically, Queen Mary's Gardens. I also learned that I wish I could go back and just read a book for an afternoon.
3. I didn't necessarily learn this today, but it was strongly reinforced, I thoroughly enjoy the provision of accessible public restrooms (I'm sorry, toilets or loos), in public parks. Thank you to the Royal Parks.
4. Abbey Road was not as fantastic as I had hoped. Oh well. It was kind of cool and I got some pictures, but The Beatles weren't there. Bummer. I do still like the music, which I'm listening to at this very moment (but probably not at the very moment that you're reading it).
5. Buzz Lightyear really can fly! At least on a kite he can and better than most other kites. The only comparable sky dweller was Ariel (what do you know?).
No comments:
Post a Comment