Another wonderful day in London where it can't decide if it wants to be rainy or sunny. We went for a Coach Tour with a guide. I learned a whole lot, but what I retained is far less so that will be what is included in today's session of what I have learned:
1. William and Kate live in an apartment that they share with Harry next door to Buckingham Palace. Apparently this is only a temporary situation. Although, I'm not certain who will actually get the boot.
2. A man broke into the palace twice in 1982. The second time he actually made it into the Queen's chamber and asked for cigarettes as well as spent time complaining about his electric bill. Craziness!!!
3. I am not going to be able to function for very long on the little amounts of sleep I have been getting.
4. Our building has a quiet hour of 11:00 at night. If you're loud past then, you will have the security guard called on you and he will not be happy about the four flights of stairs to come and tell you that you are being too loud past the designated hour. Don't ask how I know this.
5. There are different types of red-coated guards and you can tell them apart by how many buttons are in each set and by the emblem on their collar. I never noticed that these things differed. I'm learning so much!
6. There are a lot of really old, ornate and awesome buildings around London with cool stories. I'll just attach a picture of St. Paul's Cathedral.
No comments:
Post a Comment