-Ralph Waldo Emerson
We went to the British Museum today and I truly find that when I'm surrounded by such amazing relics and pieces of history that I do slow down and manage to breathe more fully, especially on a day like today where I've felt that I had a lot to accomplish.
1. There are 62 steps leading up to my flat. I've walked up them 3 times already today. Not mention the insane number of stairs at the museum as well. I hope this helps my legs look great.
2. British people really do smoke entirely too much.
3. They have the penny souvenir machines here too! This makes me very happy because I have always collected those as souvenirs. I really need to get my collection together and find some way to store or display it. The one I got today has the tower with Big Ben on it. I learned earlier on one of our tours that it is the bell that is named Big Ben, not the tower.
4. "Blue Plaques" is extremely difficult to say over and over again. If you want to know why then you have to listen to the podcast attached below:
Music for the podcast accessed from freemusicarchive.org; Kevin Macleod, "Gymnopedia No. 1"
The speaker was Cassie Hartsfield, recorded July 22, 2011, in London, England.
No comments:
Post a Comment