Monday, August 1, 2011

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."

-J.M. Barrie

Today we visited Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.  We also enjoyed High Tea this afternoon.

1. I definitely am not sophisticated enough for high tea and finger sandwiches.  It was nice to try a couple of new things but my tea was full of milk and sugar.  Plus the only piece of food I ate totally was the chocolate pastry.  It was delicious however.

2. My body is angry with me.  With every set of stairs I come upon I wonder if my legs will just absolutely refuse.

3. Sitting in the park under the shade of a big tree is one of my favorite things in the world.  If I'd had my water bottle and a book with me I probably would have stayed for the rest of the afternoon.  Don't let the book fool you however, I most likely would have fallen asleep before opening it.

4. Dogs really do make the world a better place.  There were people all over the parks with their dogs, of every shape and size.  My dogs drive me crazy sometimes but it'll be nice to be back around them.

5. I'm starting to be ready to go home.  I have loved my time here, but I'm tired and would like to be back in the place that I do call home.

6. I need to play on playgrounds more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment