-Claude Monet
This is the blog post for the rest of my weekend in Paris which included many adventures, some of which will be included. If you want to know more you'll have to ask me.
1. The Museum Pass for Paris is the best way to go. Angela is amazing in suggesting the purchase of such a wonderful trinket. For only 35 euros you can get into a long list of museums for two days. It's awesome. What's even better is that the pass also lets you go to the front of the line on some of the sites like the Arc de Triomphe and the Sainte Chapelle. Thanks again, Angela!
2. I love Monet's work (hence the quote). I was never really impressed by the pictures when they were simply in a book or cast on an overhead or blown up for a billboard. But walking into a room where Blue Water Lilies is hanging in the center, completely changed my mind. I stopped and came very close to crying. I loved every moment of standing in that room, even when I went back later and there were tons of people around. This was at the Musee d'Orsay, by the way.
3. I definitely feel more comfortable in London. This could be for many reasons, like language, being here longer and feeling confident in the Tube system.
4. You can never have too many pictures of the Eiffel Tower. OK, maybe you can but I cannot. Every time I turned around and saw it I felt compelled to take yet another picture. I haven't counted them yet, but I'm sure it's the thing I have photographed the most on this entire trip. The best was seeing it lit at night and then glitter with lights. I was obsessed, just ask Jennifer. I was so giddy. The second time around, I had to convince myself to stop taking pictures because they all looked the same and I just needed to take it all in instead, which I did eventually.
5. I love interactive kid activities at museums. The Architecture Museum had several and I'm pretty sure I made monsters, built a house for M-O and tried to make a stained glass window (I didn't really succeed at the last one).
6. M-O was an excellent companion for the trip, but he doesn't hold signs nearly as well as WALL-E, maybe because his hands are a cleaner brush.
No comments:
Post a Comment